Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Homeschooling Pride.

If you know me, or read my blog post, its no secret that I'm home schooled.
Homeschooling, is the basically the best(but I guess I'm slightly biased.) I know its not for everyone, but it certainly has helped me along in life in more ways than I can probably count. I always get a lot of questions when people find out I'm home schooled, so I thought I write about it a little. School takes me about 4-5 hours a day, as opposed to the 7ish that public schools have, I also don't have homework, (Haha, I know what you're thinking, all of my school is "homework" :) so I only spend about half my day on school. The other part of my day is spread out through doing things, generally spending time with siblings is on the list. (Yes, I love hanging out with my siblings) I normally have some sort of craft or something I'm working on to do, (Currently, I'm making a Bull Whip out of para cord.) I like spending time outside after school, knife throwing is a fun time passer. I obviously ride horses, but that only happens once a week or so.
Being home-schooled also allows me to spend time with my family, I am with my mom and sisters almost all day and wouldn't want it any other way.
Yes, I do have friends.
Yes, I do school in my pajamas.
Yes, I eat snacks while I do Algebra.
No, I don't live under a rock.
No, being home-schooled doesn't make me super smart, or super dumb, for that matter.
My Mom taught us a lot with real life experiences, we've gone grocery shopping and running errands with her for as long as I can remember, she was always able to find valuable life lessons no matter where we went or what we did. We never did have a great schedule, it wasn't all "get up at this time and get this and this done then do this and that." but rather, "We can go play at the park if you get your school done" Which, by the way was awesome. I can't imagine my life any other way, nor would I want my life to change in anyway. My mom has invested a lot into all of us kids, loving us and teaching us all she can about not only Math and reading, but God and life.
So, there's a peak into my life, though crazy at times and boring others, I couldn't be more thankful.
~KayK

No comments:

Post a Comment