Sunday, May 31, 2015

I.Don't.Know.



I don’t know why God didn’t make me a year older; I don’t know why all of my friends are older than I; I don’t know why I constantly feel as if I am in a “waiting period “of life; I don’t know why I can’t just drive yet; I don’t know why I can’t just be on staff at camp already.

I don’t understand any of the above, I don’t know the answers.  I’ve already said that a lot (“I don’t know”) haven’t I? Sometimes I feel like I go through life using that phrase over and over again. 

I.Don’t.Know.

But you know what? I’m learning to be okay with that. I am a planer; I like to know when things are happening and how they are happening. I don’t like not knowing things, it bothers me. I over analyze things, I think them over and over, trying to go over every scenario and what would be the best way of handling that situation. And when I don’t know things, when I can’t figure out the best way of handling things, it puts me on edge.

There are a lot of things in life that I don’t know about. If I knew everything, why would there be a need to trust God?  I don’t know about all yall, but I often find myself falling into a trap of not trusting God and his timing. It’s hard; I will be the first to admit that. Trusting God means giving him our life, it’s complete surrender. Which to me is sometimes a scary thought, I can be bad with trusting others. Slowly but surely, God is showing me how to trust him more. I’m not sure where you are at in trusting God in your life, but take courage. The same one who created you, loves you beyond measure, and knows exactly what’s best for you and why he put you in this certain stage of life. No matter how hard it may seem at the moment; keep on keeping on, and keep on trusting God.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5) 
~KayK 

No comments:

Post a Comment